TAS DesignBuild designed M5V as a sustainable building. This means when it comes to energy conservation, greenhouse gas reduction, eco-friendly materials and sustainability, TAS DesignBuild is a highly committed leader in sustainable design. TAS DesignBuild’s green view is manifested in the design.
A key feature of the building, and one of the sustainable features, is the 6′ deep Private Terraces that are specially designed to help keep apartments cool in the summer. Generously sized, they also provide spacious outdoor living areas.
The sustainable nature of M5V is built to enhance the grace of its architecture. From the mechanical room at its mid-point, to its 6′ deep Private Terraces, each serve their purpose with a eye-catching elegance that only adds to the building’s overall dynamics.
If the environment influences the way you lead your life, then TAS DesignBuild’s M5V provides you with the sustainable features you desire.
“Sustainability makes sense and is pain-free. It means lower-emissions and energy saving for the planet. For the home-owner, it’s a coin in the pocket – and a more comfortable lifestyle.”
Impact on the Environment
A sustainable building is one that lessens its impact on the environment. From construction materials and paints that are low on VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) to high performance windows that reduce the energy needs, energy-efficient appliances and lighting, advanced building control systems and Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV), TAS DesignBuild’s M5V follows the sustainable philosophy established by the certification body, LEED®.
In order to demonstrate a deeper sense of being communally responsible, TAS DesignBuild’s M5V waste disposal will fully support the city’s recycling programs, and makes it easy for homeowners. We also offer an alternative to car ownership with an Autoshare™ membership. This means homebuyers can book a car when they need it – for an hour, a day or overnight. As well, as the neighbourhood matures and more stores and services open in the area, shopping locally – even for sophisticated shoppers – will be a logical choice.
Impact on You
TAS DesignBuild believes that the majority of our homebuyers will appreciate the sustainable nature of M5V. From lower noise pollution made possible by our air conditioning systems to controllable heating and metered electricity and water, homeowners can control what they use and how much they pay. Homeowners benefit from TAS DesignBuild’s sustainable features. How it’s measured will be in enhanced living pleasure and direct savings to you.
“Sustainability is a way of life, its our choice, we hope its yours. In Toronto, M5V is addressing the issue of tomorrow’s world today…We’re proud that we’re leading the way.”
To guide M5V towards sustainability TAS DesignBuild adopted LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) for our guiding principles. This is the industry guide and recognized measure for the sustainability of a building in North America and around the world.
The LEED® mandate is to:
- Define “green building” by establishing a common standard of measurement (a green rating system)
- Promote integrated, whole-building design practices
- Recognize environmental leadership in the building industry
- Raise consumer awareness of green building benefits
- Transform the building market We are proud to be among the first residential condominium buildings in Toronto who have registered for LEED® certification
Sustainable Building Features
- High efficiency Glass Curtain Wall
- Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV’s) in each suite to reduce energy demands
- 6′ deep Private Terraces to keep suites cool and conserve energy
- Mechanical Room at mid-point
- Best Practices Commissioning for all major mechanical equipment to ensure that system operates at optimum performance levels
- Motion sensor light switches in common areas
- Low emissions flooring, sealants and adhesives
- AutoshareTM membership with exclusive M5V vehicle available to homeowners 24/7
- Rooftop rainwater retrieval and on-site water recycling
- Water efficient landscaping
- Diversion of construction waste to reduce landfill loads
- Recycling sorter to separate and dispose of waste
From lower noise pollution made possible by M5V’s air conditioning systems to controllable heating and metered electricity and water, TAS DesignBuild designed M5V so that homeowners can control what they use and how much they’ll pay.